compensation: pay depends on job experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Come join us and operate state-of-the-art CNC machine centers such as vertical/horizontal mills and/or turning centers. Load CNC programs and tool magazines, set up and position of parts in holding fixtures, and oversee the machining process. Self-reliance with minimal direction from one of our Team Leaders is key.
- Follow process specifications, travelers, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, work instruction, relevant process controls, and verbal/written instruction.
- Concurrently run multiple machine centers.
- Load machine as required in accordance with shop orders.
- Actively observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Conduct in-process inspections and measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Edit programs as required to compensate for tool wear and machine operation in order to continually produce parts within tolerance.
- Remove flashing, burrs, and sharp edges from work piece and perform other additional operations at CNC machines that will enhance shop flow.
- Maintain cutting tool inserts and replace or repair tools as necessary to assure machine operation.
Set up and run either a turning or milling center.
Adjust programs and tooling to maximize quality and efficiency and perform complex setups
Independently perform inspections and train and mentor others as required
Care for parts in accordance with procedures (Corrosion Protection/Handling/FOD)
In the application process, we ask if you can work a night shift. Most of our machinists are placed on night shift after they are trained, and then can be moved to days based on seniority and openings.
Not wanting to work a night shift may automatically disqualify you from this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and three to five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form.
Perform statistical process control input and interpret statistical data to compensate for machining deviation.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations on fractions, percentages, decimals, and machine speeds and feeds.
All wages are based on a 40 hour work week, typical week would include 7.5 hours of overtime
Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
Life and AD&D Insurance
Employee Profit Sharing
401(k) Plan with employer match
Tuition reimbursement and education sponsorship
Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
Paid Time Off, Sick Days, and 10 Holidays (11 - for Veteran's)
Gym Membership Discounts
Night Shift Premiums
Carry on the proud tradition of manufacturing and make Crawford County your home once again.